So excited to finish this year's diary cover. The idea for it was floating around in my head but it was more blur than clear plan. Like last year's cover this year's celebrates slow sewing, because I added a bit here, stopped tried something different, sewed some pieces down, then added more. It evolved and for me there is no better way to design and sew.
I used all of my favourite pieces of fabric. Sadly there are only small pieces left of the floral print and sampler print. At least now I can enjoy them for the next 12 months.
More decisions had to be made about what colour threads to embellish the flowers. I used two strands, doubled, of the Aurifil Cotton Mako Ne12 thread for the colonial knots.
More favourite fabrics on the back!
The decorated end of the page divider.
Now it's finished it really is back to work for me!