The nice thing about geting ready for a show is trying new fabric and button combinations for kits.
A perfect combination - Barb's Moggy decoration and a piece of the new fabric.
It's easy finding two fabrics that work together, but finding the third can often be elusive. By chance these three fabrics were stacked near each other. The steel colour was just right but the white - well it was a bit too white. With no time to think about it I tea-dyed a piece. A much better match, don't you think?
When I first started out, I was always tea-dying something, fabrics, calico, felt, ribbons etc. and then I stopped. Perhaps my tastes changed, the fabrics I used were already antique looking enough or maybe I just got lazy! Looks like I'll be buying extra tea bags on the next visit to the supermarket.
love the material especially the darker one the tea dyed one looks great
Posted by: miranda | May 31, 2012 at 08:00 PM
Yes, I tea dye when the fabric is a bit bright. It's quite amusing here because none of us drink tea, but I have some in the laundry for tea dying!
Posted by: kris | May 30, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Half the fun in putting a project together is searching for the fabrics and embellishments. Somehow I always seem to come back with other things too. Love the button. So cute!
Posted by: Ondrea | May 29, 2012 at 05:03 PM