It's been ages (years) since I did this kind of sewing. I've been wanting to have a go for at least 12 months. Whenever Jan's worn something new I'd feel inclined but not compelled. After all the last effort about 7 years ago ended in the bin, it was totally, totally wrong! Pattern selection can be a bit of a gamble - somehow the reality never matches the model on the cover.
Bec, bored one summer semester break, decided to make something. She was excited and I was reluctant. I understood her excitement. You look at all the various combinations on the cover and picture yourself making and wearing them all in the next few days. Now I guess it comes as no surprise the dress is not finished. What is a surprise is it fitted me - snuggly (very). But with a little adjustment to the pattern I could make myself one. I knew the pattern would work.
So this is what I made yesterday -OK it's not quite finished it still needs to be hemmed. I'm excited, it's wearable and perfect with my new cardigan and shoes. Of course I didn't buy fabric for just one - there's another to make before the enthusiasm wanes.