As soon as Jan and I saw this doll quilt in 'American Folk Art Quilts' by Maggi McCormick Gordon, we knew we had to make it. I think it was the red stripes and checks that appealed.
We've been talking about making it for awhile and finally got around to cutting and laying it out yesterday.
I was keen to get mine sewn together as quickly as possible. I didn't trust myself not to get the pieces jumbled up if I left it for too long and I needed to check my maths and cutting skills just in case there was anything Jan needed to know. Oops there were a couple of problems. If you look at the bottom right corner you can see I had not one, but two attempts at getting the row right! This will make me smile each time I look at it.
Jan and Jackie have decide to finish 12 projects each this year. This sounded like a great idea and it gave me a much needed nudge to think about and maybe finish a few projects. Full of enthusiasm I made a list, then started to think about what could realistically be achieved. So the list was culled with the view it can always be added to.
First off, I tackled the little star quilt started almost 12 months ago. I needed some hand sewing last Friday and not wanting to start anything new decided to finish this instead.
So good to have something finished quickly, now I'm ready to tackle this one.
I can't even remember when I started Gleeson's Farm, designed by Susan Smith from Patchwork on Stonleigh. This is the project I want to finish most this year. There's a spot for it on the wall and it will be perfect to take to sewing on Fridays. I've been to the shop, bought the backing, so I'm just a little bit closer....